Slab Leaks Common in Northern Texas During Winter
Jan 29, 2016
Winter has settled in North Texas and along with it comes plenty of moisture in the air. There has been plenty of rainfall and mists in the air, causing water to course through many things. While this may be great for the plants and agriculture, it may not be the nicest for your plumbing. Northern Texas homes in cities such as Dallas, Plano, and Irving, are susceptible to plumbing issues related to water. The biggest problem seems to be slab leaks.
Slab leaks occur in the pipes and waterlines underneath the concrete floors of a house. When there is excessive rain, the concrete absorbs the water, causing more liquid to pool around the pipes. That is why when slab leaks occur, they may be harder to detect, because the ground has a lot of water pooling from the rain. These leaks are more prominent in Northern Texas because of the bad soil, which goes from extremely dry to extremely wet.
Common symptoms of slab leaks include:
- Sound of running water, when all faucets are off
- Mildew, mold, or excessive moisture under carpets
- Cracks in walls or flooring
- Random hot spots on the floor because of hot water leaks
- High water bills
If you believe there are leaking pipes under your home or notice any of the listed indicators, it is important to contact a bluefrog plumber. We have the equipment to find slab leaks without unnecessarily damaging or breaking your flooring. We offer specialized repairs to target your home’s specific needs.
Common repair options are:
- Spot repair – Targeting the leak and opening the slab at that exact location to fix the leak.
- Re-piping or re-routing – Replacing the entire water line.
- Epoxy pipe coating – Applying a coating to the entire in-place pipes to prevent the leak.
If slab leaks go untouched, they can cost you thousands of dollars in water and heating bills. If you are experiencing this problem, contact our talented plumbers at bluefrog Plumbing + Drain. We have serve multiple locations in Texas and are available any time, day or night.